Do you have thinning or dry hair? There are plenty of products designed to moisturize hair, protect hair or to heal hair from damage but what they do not tell you is that you can find a great natural hair product in your kitchen. I am speaking of olive oil. Have you thought about the benefits of olive oil for your hair?
High quality virgin olive oil for hair has been used for years. Instead of buying expensive hair products you can use heated olive oil for deep conditioning.
How Olive Oil Benefits your Hair
Olive oil is made up of fatty acids that will coat the shaft of your hair to protect it from heat or hair dye. It can coat the damaged outer layers of your hair to give it a smoother and healthier appearance. Hair care products sometimes contain chemicals that can damage your hair. Our hair deserves high quality ingredients why not using pure virgin olive oil to bring back your hair’s health.
Benefits of Olive Oil
- Naturally Condition the Hair. Olive oil as a hot natural hair treatment will make your hair shiny and manageable. This is one reason why it has been used for centuries as a hair conditioner.
- Hair Softener. Use olive oil to soften your hair if it is super kinky. It will saturate your hair with moisture.
- Minimize Dandruff. Olive oil is able to moisturize your scalp if you are facing drandruff. Drandruff can be caused by dry scalp. Massage a bit olive oil on your scalp. Repeat this treatment every week to reduce drandruff.
- Minimize Frizz. Dry hair is not easy to style and furthermore, it tends to break while styling. Use olive oil on your ends to moisture brittle hair.
- Blood Circulation. Massage olive oil on your scalp to stimulate the follicles.
How to use Olive Oil
Hot Oil Treatment. Mix together olive oil and castor oil. Heat up the mixture to lukewarm and apply it to your scalp and hair. Massage the oil for 10 minutes, then use a plastic cap. This procedure will seal in the moisture. Wash your hair, when done.
Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil. Do you have drandruff? Here is a great recipe for you. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 7 – 10 drops of tea tree oil. Mix it and apply it to your scalp. Let it sit overnight and shampoo your hair in the morning.
Olive Oil, Cinnamon and Honey. Is hair loss one of your main problem? Use this hair mask to reduce hair loss. Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon. Apply it your hair and let it sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it out and shampoo your hair.
Click here to find some easy DIY Olive Oil recipes.
How do you use olive oil? What are your experiences?