I have kinky hair and dark skin. Athough natural hair can be very time consuming like wash days, I have learned to accept and love every kinky strand. Since I have a great natural hair routine, I don’t have to worry about dry hair. Still, our hair might be a phenomenon for some people otherwise I can not explain the following statements.
Most Awkward Questions & Statments regarding Kinky Hair
- Do you wash your natural hair?
- Can you comb your kinky hair?
- Are you sure that your curly kinky hair grows?
- Poor girl, it’s a pity that you don’t have our straight hair texture.
- Can I touch your kinks?
- Have you cut your kinky hair? It looks shorter than last week.
- You look like Whoopi Goldberg. (I was wearing braids)
- Can you wash your braids?
- Do you rebraid your hairstyle (braids) every evening by yourself?
- Your kinky hair looks good for a black girl.
- Are you sure you want to leave your house with this hairstyle (Bantu Knots)?