Have you ever wondered how to keep your hair moisturized? The term “moisturizing” is all over the place nowadays. In my last post I have talked about 7 hair ingredients that you should avoid as some products that claim to moisturize your hair contains for e.g. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and Sodium Lauryle Sulfate (SLS). Here are 10 tips how to keep your hair moisturized without any harm.
How to keep your hair moisturized
1. Clean your scalp with a sulfate-free product. Whether you are using a co-wash product, clarifying shampoo or a regular shampoo.
2. Deep treatments or deep condition on a regular base. Take care of your dry ends.
3. Use oils as a sealant and not to moisturize your hair. That means if your hair feels dry moisturize your hair and then seal it with an oil. If you use an oil by itself then put it on damp hair and add a plastic cap to do a hot oil treatment.
4. Use a steamer – Last week, I was chatting with one of my lovely followers and she mentioned to purchase a steamer. I have never used a steamer before so I thought why not trying my face steamer that I have had for years. As soon as my hair was damp single strand knots were no problem anymore. There are different steamers available. Another option is to steam your hair in the shower.
5. Protect your hair at night. Sleep with on a satin pillow case or wear a satin bonnet at night. This will keep your hair from drying out. Check out my post about “A Satin or Would You Sacrifice Your Hair For Some Quality Time“?
6. Stop touching your hair all the time. Do you see the oils on your fingers if you have touched your hair? Keep your hands off your hair as it strips moisture and oils right out of your hair.
7. Moisturize your hair even if it is in a protective style. Not taking care of your hair in this state can cause damage and breakage.
8. What porosity typ are you? Does the products sit on your hair? Or does your hair feels dry although you have moisturized it. Knowing your hair porosity will help you a lot.If you have not done the test yet, check out my Post “How to Take Care of Porosity Hair“. Download a free Ebook on how to take the porosity test.
9. Do the LOC method (Liquid-Oil-Cream) to keep your hair moisturized.
How do you keep your hair moisturized?
Hit the like button – Leave a comment – Share this post with anyone you think will get value from it. Subscribe to our newsletter and get a Free Ebook on “DIY – Avocado & Banana Hair Recipes”.